All Lotus Petals Therapy Reiki practitioners, agents and contractors are required to qualify for registration with the International Association of Reiki Professionals (IARP). This requires them to strive to provide the highest quality Reiki experience and abide by the IARP Code of Ethics. IARP Registered Reiki Professionals agree to:
- Abide by a vow of confidentiality. Any information that is discussed within the context of a Reiki session is confidential between the client and practitioner.
- Provide a safe and comfortable area for sessions or classes and work to provide an empowering and supportive environment for clients and students.
- Always treat clients and students with the utmost respect and honor.
- Have a pure and clear intention to offer your services for the highest healing good of the client and highest potential of the student.
- Provide a brief oral or written description of what happens during a session and what to expect before a client’s initial session. Provide a clear written description of subjects to be taught during each level of Reiki prior to class and list what the student will be able to do after taking the class.
- Be respectful of all others’ Reiki views and paths.
- Educate clients/students on the value of Reiki and explain that sessions do not guarantee a cure, nor are they a substitute for qualified medical or professional care. Reiki is one part of an integrative healing or wellness program.
Suggest a consultation or referral for clients to qualified licensed professionals (medical doctor, licensed therapist, etc.) when appropriate.
- Never diagnose or prescribe. Never suggest that the client/student change prescribed treatment or interfere with the treatment of a licensed health care provider.
- Be sensitive to the boundary needs of individual clients and students.
- Never ask clients to disrobe (unless in the context of a licensed massage therapy session at the client’s option). Do not touch the genital area or breasts. Practice hands-off healing of these areas if treatment is needed.
- Be working to create harmony and friendly cooperation between Reiki Practitioners/ Master Teachers in the community and represent the IARP in a most professional manner.
- Act as a beacon in your community by doing the best job possible.
- Work to empower your students to heal themselves and to encourage and assist them in the development of their work with Reiki or their Reiki practices.
- Be actively working on your own healing so as to embody and fully express the essence of Reiki in everything that you do.
Anyone observing an agent of Lotus Petals LLC (dba Lotus Petals Therapy) in violation of this code of ethical conduct, should call or contact our offices immediately.